Skip to main content
Font Awesome Icons
CEU & Certification
IPRA/IAPD Annual Conference
ProConnect Mentoring Program
IPRA Connect Online Communities
Your Community Calendar
Awards & Recognition
Illinois Distinguished Accreditation
Post and Search a Job
Share this page
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on LinkedIn
Unplug Illinois Day
We are excited to announce that on July 13th, 2019, we are launching Unplug Illinois Day!
This is the next step in bringing awareness of the Unplug Illinois campaign to Illinois residents. While this will not be a stand-alone event, we encourage you to include Unplug Illinois Day on any programming you may already have scheduled for that day, or as an overall message to get your community out to enjoy all that your park & recreation agency has to offer!
A series of posters promoting the event are available - please email
if you would like a set. Template media and press releases are available online at:
• Over 90 park and recreation agencies state-wide are using the Unplug Illinois campaign
• The Unplug Illinois PSA aired on Comcast channels during the summer of 2018. Markets included: Aurora, Barrington, Bloomingdale, Chicago, Crystal Lake, DeKalb, Elgin, Frankfort, Gurnee, Joliet, Kankakee, McHenry, Oak Brook, Schaumburg
• The May 23rd Communications & Marketing Section Meeting will feature 2 panel discussions from Katie Drum (Batavia Park District) and Stephanie FitzSimons (Bartlett Park District) about how each has leveraged the Unplug Illinois public service campaign to communicate the value of "unplugging" to their constituents.
• Saturday, July 13th Unplug Illinois Day!
• Conference 2020 – we will do a full scale launch of the 2nd Annual Unplug Illinois Day, which will be on Saturday, July 11, 2020.
, Outreach Director, if you have any questions!
Keep me signed in
Create a new account