CPSI Online Blended Course
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the Spring CPSI classroom course will continue to be a provided as a virtual training. This Online Blended Course is comprised of two steps, the completion of the CPSI Online Prep Course followed by a Live Virtual Training led by a CPSI Instructor.
Online Prep Course (Step One)
This course provides in-depth analysis of ASTM standards related to playground safety focused on the process of safety inspection from design, through audit and inspection, to maintenance and risk management practices.
- The CPSI Online Prep Course is a self-paced course consisting of 12 hours of online instruction.
- Shortly after registration closes on February 12, the course participant will receive an email from NRPA with information on how to access the CPSI Online Prep Course. Please Note: Access will not be given before this date.
Virtual Instructor Training Session (Step Two)
This training session, led by a CPSI course instructor, provides practical training on how to apply the ASTM standards and the CPSC guidelines to playground environments.
- The virtual training will be a 4-hour live streamed, instructor-led training conducted over Zoom. In order to make the most of your time with the CPSI instructor during this training. You are not required to complete the prep prior to the live virtual training; however, it is recommended to have begun your coursework.
- The maximum number of participants for each virtual training date is 20. This smaller class size is designed to allow for more personalized interaction between the instructor and the participants. Due to the limited class sizes, multiple live virtual training days will be available.
- The virtual training date options are Thursday, March 11 and Tuesday, March 16. During registration, participants will be able to select their preferred date for their live training session. Date selection is on a first-come, first-served basis. *Please note: Sessions may be combined to one date if registration is low.
CPSI Computer-Based Exam
Participants will be provided with information on how to schedule their exam at a nearby professional testing facility. To locate a testing facility near you, click here.
*NRPA will provide additional details on exact dates.
- Applicants will have approximately 90 days* from the time of the Virtual Instructor Training Session to take the CPSI exam. Exam results are provided on-site at the conclusion of the exam.
- Participants registered for both the blended course and exam will receive an email with information on how to schedule their exam approximately one week prior to their Live Virtual Training Session.
To register, login to your IPRA account, then select "Register Myself". If you are not an IPRA member, create an account as a guest, then register for the event. The registration deadline is February 12, 2021. Due to the preparation time needed to complete the online prep course prior to the live virtual training session, an extension to this deadline may not be available.
|Member Course & Exam*
|Member Exam Only*
|Non-Member Course & Exam
|Non-Member Exam Only
* Must be an IPRA member to be eligible for the member rate.
Course materials will be sent to registered attendees in advance. If you have not received your course books four (4) weeks prior to your scheduled Virtual Instructor Training, please contact Kim Laper at (708) 588-2283 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A candidate who has a disability may request a special accommodation for the course and/or exam; the request must be submitted in writing at the time of registration.
English as a Second Language (ESL) Accommodation
A candidate who speaks English as a second language can request a special accommodation for the exam. You must fill out the request form upon registration and return to Kim Laper.
This event is approved for 1.5 CEUs
Course cancellations will only be considered if a participant has NOT accessed the Online Prep Course system. Once the online system has been accessed, no refunds will be given for any reason. No exceptions. If a participant is seeking a refund and has not accessed the online system, he/she must submit a request in writing to Kim Laper. Requests that have been granted will be eligible for a full refund less a $25 administrative fee. Cancellations received after attendee course books have been mailed will also be charged a non-refundable $85 materials fee, unless the unopened course books are returned.
Exam only registrants seeking a refund should submit a request in writing to Kim Laper by February 12, 2020. Refund requests received after this date will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Please contact Kim Laper by email or phone at (708) 588-2283.